Saturday, July 18, 2020

The Frank Nitty And Samuel Alford Mural Vandalized In The Northside

A suspect or suspects vandalized the Nitty and Alford mural at the 1400 block of W. Vliet Street.

By H. Nelson Goodson 
Hispanic News Network U.S.A.

July 18, 2020

Milwaukee, WI - The Frank Nitty and Samuel Alford mural was reported vandalized at the 1300 block of W. Vliet Street. The mural depicts images of multiple male and female African-American activists and community leaders in the social justice and Black Lives Matter movement.

Members in the African-American community are shocked to wakeup to a vandalized mural depicting local community Black leaders and organizers.

Nitty (birth name Frank Sensabaugh) in his Facebook account responded that it did take long for someone to deface his image in the mural and that it really doesn't bother him. Nitty posted on his FB account, "I want everyone to know...I'm not hurt at all by this....I'm not hurt by any of the attacks on me.....things like this can't affect me, I don't have the space to process it, or think about myself at this time.....people have real problems and we need real change and everyday I wake up and my life's goal is to do that....that's the only thing that I can concentrate on.....it's not about murals and awards, holidays and accomplishments...it's not even about my personal life anymore....I don't have one...my life is dedicated to the people..."

No comments: