Sunday, March 3, 2019

Nonprofit Heart of the City Sports Organization In Waukegan Criticized For Being Heartless

A teenager was barred from playing soccer by the coach of the Heart of the City nonprofit sports organization simply because his father missed a $75 monthly fee, which the father on Facebook says, that he didn't have the money to pay.

By H. Nelson Goodson
Hispanic News Network U.S.A.

March 3, 2019

Waukegan, Illinois - On Saturday, David Fajardo, the father of a teenager who was barred from playing in a soccer tournament posted on his Facebook (FB) account that his son is heartbroken. Fajardo posted, "Wow I just experienced the worst experience I ever had on a club at any level so I didn't pay for one month because I do not have the money to do it and they decide that my kid cannot play because I do not have the money to pay for WELL NOW I KNOW THIS PLACE ONLY CARE FOR THE MONEY NOT THE KIDS BUT THEY Claim a nonprofit TEAM WOW WHAT DO YOU THINK Sam Cunninghamdon't you support this club HEART OF THE CITY Margaret Carrasco WOW...I NEVER SEEN MY KID GET HURT 😢 SO BAD HE WAS REALLY EXCITED TO PLAY WE CAME RUSHING FROM THE WRESTLING TOURNAMENT TO MAKE IT ON TIME GOT THERE 5 min before the game got ready and then they told him YOU CANNOT PLAY BECAUSE UR DAD DID NOT MAKE THE PAYMENT I NEVER SEEN MY KID SO BROKEN...I didn't pay $75 dollars and they said money first or no Play...I never seen my kid get hurt 😢 so bad over money I told I will paid but give me time and they told us PAID OR NO PLAY..."
Verónica Diaz also posted on the Fajardo FB comment thread, that she received a text message on Friday telling her that they had to pay the fee one hour before the game or her son David wouldn't be allowed to play, but Fajardo says he told the Heart of the City to give him time to pay, which the request was denied and David was barred from playing by Heart of the City soccer coach Julio Cesar Serrano, according to Fajardo.
Apparently, the Heart of the City sports organization is a heartless org, which receives donations from other funding sources and has a strict policy of "Pay or No Play", according to Fajardo.
Margaret Carrasco, a Waukegan Latino community activist who was tagged in Fajardo's FB post responded, "David Fajardo - MONDAY is City Council meeting - have people get there before 7 pm & sign sheet to talk during Audience time so EVERYONE KNOWS HOW MEAN THEY REALLY ARE WITH WAUKEGAN CHILDREN - everyone needs to BOYCOTT them - they get $$ from different sources because of the Waukegan kids."

The Heart of the City Sports Organization  Board of Directors, according to the website are, Lori Kleiman, President; Jessica Sarowitz, Vice President; Elyse Litwack, Treasurer & Secretary; Guy Hincker, Development Committee Chairperson; Janice Zagorniak, Program Committee Chairperson; Roberto Bottger; Victor Gonzalez and Scott Mcllenan, is the Executive Director.


No comments: