Thursday, November 8, 2018

Alberto Maldonado Officially Becomes The Director Of The Roberto Hernández Center At U.W.M.

Maldonado is the former interim director of the Roberto Hernández Center at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee.

By H. Nelson Goodson
Hispanic News Network U.S.A.

November 8, 2018

Milwaukee, WI - On Thursday, Alberto Maldonado announced that he officially became the Director of the Roberto Hernández Center (RHC) at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee (UWM). Maldonado became the Interim Director of the RHC in 2016 after Enrique Figueroa, Ph.D. resigned in August of that year after serving as a director since 2002. 
Maldonado released the following statement, "Its has never been about the title nor the fame. It has always been about the work, my community, and the students and families we serve. I have been blessed with a great RHC team, great colleagues & mentors throughout my 20 year career. I am proud and honored to follow in the footsteps of great leaders that came before me, and  to share the great news  that I am officially the DIRECTOR OF THE ROBERTO HERNANDEZ CENTER at UW-Milwaukee!  Thanks to all of you who have inspired and supported me in the last two years of my Interim role. Pa'lante y Si Se Puede!! I look forward to continue leading and serving!"
The RHC is an academic advisory center designed to help students adjust and succeed in their studies at UWM while pursuing their degrees on campus. 

In history:

The actual creation of the Spanish Speaking Outreach Institute (SSOI), which later became the Roberto Hernández Center at link: http://bit.ly/1hgQkaB

Actual news video, including the Roberto Hernández Center story at link: http://tinyurl.com/3e6odcb

No comments: