The Mexican government extradited 13 wanted criminals and drug lords to the U.S.
By H. Nelson Goodson
Hispanic News Network U.S.A.
September 30, 2015
Mexico, D.F. - On Wednesday, the Mexican government extradited 13 suspects indicted and wanted in the U.S. for murder, organized crime, drug trafficking, rape, weapons possession, illegally exporting ammunition, real estate fraud and money laundering. Several of the suspects, Jorge Costilla Sánchez, a Gulf Cartel leader and Edgar Valdez, aka, La Barbie are known drug lords and led criminal organizations in Mexico.
All of the suspects were incarcerated at the Altiplano federal maximum prison in the State of Mexico and were taken to the Toluca Airport on Wednesday morning by military escort and handed over to U.S. authorities.
The following Mexican federal inmates were extradited to the U.S. under federal and state indictments:
1. Jorge Costilla Sánchez, aliases, Jorge Costilla-Sánchez, Jorge Sánchez Costilla, Jorge Eduardo Costilla Sánchez and Jorge Sánchez Costilla
Indicted by U.S. Southern District of Texas Court for organized crime and money laundering
2. Edgar Valdez, alias "Edgar Valdez Villareal", "Edgar Valdez – Villareal", "Mike", "La Barbie" and "Juedo"
Indicted by a federal Court in Eastern Louisiana for organized crime
3. Jose Emanuel García Sota, alias "Juan Manuel Maldonado Amezcua", "Safado", "Jose Manuel García Soto", "Josué Emanuel García Sota", "Jose Manuel García Sota" and "El Pelón"
Indicted by a federal court in the District of Columbia for attempted murder and weapons possession
4. Martin Daniel Castillo – Rascón, alias "Flaco" and "El Benson"
Indicted by a federal court in the Western District of Texas for organized crime
5. Aureliano Montoya – Peña, alias "Jesse Montoya"
Indicted by a federal court in the Northern District of Illinois for organized crime
6. Ricardo Valles de la Rosa, alias "Chino", "Come Arroz" and "99"
Indicted by the federal court in the Western District of Texas for organized crime, murder, weapons possession and drug trafficking
7. Luis Humberto Hernández Celis, alias "Pac", "Pak", "Pacman" and "84"
Indicted by the federal court in the Western District of Texas for organized crime, associated to a crime syndicate, weapons possession, murder, crimes of violence and drug trafficking
8. Alberto Núñez Payán, alias "Fresa", "Carlos Rodríguez Ramirez", "Alberto Payán Núñez", "Fresco", "El Tío", "El 57", "El 67", "97" and "El Fresa"
Indicted by a federal court in the Western District of Texas for organized crimes, organized delinquency and money laundering
9. Jean Baptiste Kingery, alias "Jb", "Jean Baptiste Kingery Moisson", "John Kinsley", John King", "Juan Bautista", "Moss Kingery", "Jeane Kingsley", "Juan Baptiste Moisson De Kingery", "Juan Moisson" and "El Güero"
Indicted by a federal court in the District of Arizona for illegally exporting live ammunition, contraband and real estate fraud and false statements
10. Antonio González Platas
Indicted by a Pulaski County Court in the State of Arkansas for rape
11. Antonio Reynoso – González, alias "El Ingeniero", "El Inge", "El Electricista", "El Flacco", "Flaco" and "Antonio Reynoso"
Indicted by a federal court in the Southern District of California for organized crime
12. Julio César Valenzuela Elizalde, alias "The Pilot"
Indicted by a federal court in the District of Arizona for organized crime
13. Carlos Montemayor, alias "The Director", "Licenciado", "El Fox" and "Alejandro García"
Indicted by a federal court in the District of Northern Georgia for organized crime and money laundering.