Thursday, January 1, 2015

Man Leaves Last Will In Facebook Before Committing Murder-Suicide

Husband and wife murder-suicide pack and confession posted on Facebook.

By H. Nelson Goodson
January 1, 2015

Dover, New Hampshire - On Tuesday, Mark A. Lavoie, 50, left his last Will and Testimony, including his murder confession on his Facebook account page before committing murder-suicide at a local hospital. Lavoie fatally shot his wife, Katherine (Kathy), 49, just before 6:00 a.m. on Tuesday in a private room at the Wentworth-Douglass Hospital and then himself. Katherine was in life supports (respirator) and was suffering from bipolar demons, according to Mark. 
Mark's Facebook Will and self confession explained how he wanted to be cremated, his wife's ashes to be dropped on Damariscotta Lake, his 401K and home should be divided by two surviving siblings, and how he wanted for several friends to use some money from several bank accounts for funeral services. He also wanted for their two bodies to be used for donating organs before getting cremated.
Gregory Walker, the Wentworth-Douglass Health System President and CEO stated that the incident was "an unfortunate act of violence in the Critical Care Unit at Wentworth-Douglass involving a patient and a relative of that patient resulting in two deaths. The incident was isolated to the patient room and no other patients, family members or employees were harmed...This was a tragic event." Walker says, the hospital staff is cooperating with local police in the investigation.
Police on Wednesday confirmed that both the Lavoie's died of a single gunshot to the head. The police investigation is ongoing to determine why Katherine was on life supports and her medical condition (vegetative state) that led to her murder.
Here's Lavoie's full Facebook last Will and Testimony statement and confession:

"I want to start off by saying this is going to be officially ruled a murder/suicide when in all actuality it is a double suicide. My baby was trying to escape the bi-polar demons that have been swirling around in her brain since childhood and now because of my selfishness in dialing 911 she is experiencing the only thing she feared more than her illness…life support on a respirator. (Even though I brought her living will, the doc said her wishes didn't apply because depression isn't a non-reversible state. I however did not see that stipulation.) I am more than happy to sacrifice my life to fix my doing and join her spirit in a happier place."
"I just wanted let people know my thoughts as to why I am doing this, weather you can understand it or not.
"I never did end up getting a will, living or otherwise so I would like to make a couple points clear and hopefully posting this on here will be enough to get my wishes honored. If FB deletes it I have a copy saved on my laptop. Everything I own including the house and anything else Kathy left to me in her will is to be split evenly between Kori Ricker and Tara Ricker-Maus. I also have a 401 at Portsmouth Ford and Berlin City Ford, the paperwork should be in the filing cabinet in my bedroom) You will need to figure out how to split the house, co-ownership, one buying the other out or sell it and split the profit. Also please assure the pets are cared for.
"I would like someone to volunteer to get this next issue resolved, if nobody does could you please take care of this Jan and Dan Roberge and spare the kids? There should be plenty in the checking and savings accounts to take care of it. Go to any funeral parlor they should be able to take care of the whole thing. We are both donors so have them send our bodies to a tissue processing facility (not sure what they are called) then they will send us to a crematorium. I don't care what is done with the ashes but I know Kathy loves Damariscotta Lake.
"Though a difficult subject I hope my family whom I love dearly can make some sense of what I'm doing though unless you have dealt directly with mental illness if will be difficult.
"In case FB deletes this for whatever reason I saved a copy to my laptop and hopefully it will be enough to get my wishes followed.
"Please don't mourn for me, my spirit will be in a much better place with my soul mate; you may even catch a glimpse of us from time to time.
"Well in all the years I've been on FB I never was one for posting any drama…..I was due one Love you all, peace out!"

No comments: