Thursday, October 9, 2014

Joe Angel Medina, Republican Leader Getting Flak For Associating With Democrat State Representative JoCasta Zamarripa

JoCasta Zamarripa and Joe Angel Medina

Medina, a Hispanic conservative GOP leader tells fellow Republicans to grow-up after being criticized for his association with State Representative Zamarripa (D-Milw.).

By H. Nelson Goodson
October 9, 2014

Milwaukee, WI - On Wednesday, Reverend Joe Angel Medina, chairman of the Wisconsin Assembly of Conservative Hispanics, a GOP group on Facebook (FB) told fellow Republicans who have criticized his friendship and association with incumbent Democrat State Assembly Representative JoCasta Zamarripa from Milwaukee to "GROW UP." Despite Rev. Medina losing some popularity from Republicans in the state, Medina posted on his FB account, "I received word today some people from my Party are concern I associate myself with State Rep. JoCasta Zamarripa from the 8th District. I wonder what they are going to say when they find out I love her too? Jo has been my sister in the Lord long before I was involved and her in politics. I'm Red & she is Blue we don't see eye to eye but we do see Christ love for all people! For those still concerned look at my record I always vote RED! Sorry I have to say this...GROW UP!" REVJAM
Zamarripa supports immigration reform, driver licenses for undocumented, same-sex marriages, in-state tuition and a state Cesar E. Chavez optional paid holiday for state workers. Rev. Medina supports immigration reform, but not general amnesty.
Another Republican who is running for the 21th State Assembly seat unoppose, Yesenia Eldermira "Jessie" Rodríguez, opposed a Cesar E. Chavez optional holiday and voted with party lines against Zamarripa's Chavez Holiday bill.
On the November 4th General Election,  Zamarripa, a Democrat will face Vincent Synowicz, 18, who is running as a Republican in a predominantly Democratic district. 

No comments: