Wednesday, May 16, 2012

27-year-old Man Wanted On A Parole Violation Was Critically Shot By U.S. Marshals In Milwaukee's Southside

Photo: HNG

Mario A. Lopez

Family photo

Parole violator shot by U.S. Marshals.

By H. Nelson Goodson
May 16, 2012

Milwaukee - On Wednesday, the U.S. Marshals Service confirmed that a 27-year-old man wanted for a supervisory violation was shot at about 1:45 p.m. within the cross streets of W. Forest Home Ave., W. Lincoln Ave. and W. Muskego. Mario A. Lopez, an alleged gang member violated his parole conditions and was located near the location where he was shot by the feds.
The U.S. Marshals Service says, several deputy Marshals spotted the suspect driving in the south side with his pregnant girlfriend and a young child inside a vehicle. They tried to do a traffic stop and take Lopez into custody, but the suspect refused to stop the vehicle. After a short chase, the suspect abandoned the vehicle and fled on foot.
When several U.S. Marshals caught up to him, the suspect took a weapon out on the feds. Then the U.S. Marshals fired multiple gunshots critically wounding the suspect in a busy intersection.
The suspect was hit in the lower body and leg. Lopez is expected to survive. He was previously charged and convicted for having a weapon, according to the U.S. Marshals Service.
It has not been confirmed, if the suspect fired his weapon. A weapon was recovered at the scene. Police and the Milwaukee County District Attorney's Office continues to investigate the incident.
The U.S. Marshals involved are expected to be placed on administrative duty pending the outcome of the case.
The suspected felon, is now facing a parole violation and a weapons charge.

Photo: HNG

One of the bullets that was fired at Mario A. Lopez, 27, wanted by the U.S. Marshals Service on Wednesday ended up going through a business window nearby. The owner of the Tint Boyz said, that the shooting happened so fast and luckily no one else was shot. His business is located at the 2400 block of W. Lincoln Ave. At least four shots were fired by the feds. The bullet was recovered by Milwaukee police crime scene investigators.

Connected by MOTOBLUR™ on T-Mobile

No comments: