Thursday, November 6, 2014

David Michael Kalac Killed Girlfriend And Then Posted Nude Corpse Photos On Social Media

Kalac beat and strangled girlfriend, then posted nude gruesome murder scene photos on 4chan social media.

By H. Nelson Goodson
November 6, 2014

Port Orhard, Washington - On Wednesday, David Michael Kalac, 33, was extradited from Oregon to Washington in connection with the brutal homicide of Amber Lynn Schraw Coplin, 30, on Tuesday. Kalac is charged with second-degree murder for Coplin's homicide.
Coplin was beaten and then strangled in her apartment by Kalac who then posted photos of the nude corpse in social media (4chan) before the body was found. He posted as Anonymous on 4chan, "She fought so damn hard...Check the news for port orchard Washington in a few hours. Her son will home from school soon. He'll find her, then call the cops. I just wanted to share this pictures before they find me. I bought a bb gun that looks realistic enough. When they come, I'll pull it and it will be suicide by cop. I understand the doubts. Just check the f••king news. I have to lose my phone now."
The Kitsap County Sheriff's Office reported that Kalac fled to Oregon after killing Coplin. Coplin's body was discovered by her 13-year-old son on Tuesday afternoon in her bedroom. Her son told authorities that he heard his mother and Kalac arguing on Monday night. The next day he went to school and his mother was sleeping. After school, the son got home, but went to sleep and when he woke up, he checked on Coplin and found her dead. The son called his father and when his father got to the crime scene, he saw Coplin's nude body. He called police and reported the murder. 
Homicide investigators found a wall picture at the crime scene, which had writing on it, "She killed me first" and Coplin's license had "Dead" written on it and the blinds had "Bad News" written on them. Authorities later were made aware of Coplin's corpse photos on social media and they believed that Kalac had posted them. Kalac had also texted a friend telling him that he would be making news.
Kalac was taken into custody by Wilsonville police on Wednesday around 8:50 p.m. when he surrendered  voluntarily and confessed to killing Coplin. Coplin's abandon vehicle was recovered in Portland.

No comments: