Sunday, May 8, 2016

Dance Promoter Evern Foley Allegedly Failed To Pay El Grupo Estilo For Tejano Music Gig

Members of the Grupo Estilo alleged that they were not paid for a gig at the El Bajio Nightclub in Bryan, Texas.

By H. Nelson Goodson
Hispanic News Network U.S.A.

May 8, 2016

Bryan, Texas - On Saturday, members of El Grupo Estilo, a Tejano conjunto style music band alleged that dance promoter Evern Foley who apparently hired them to play a set at El Bajio Nightclub, 1600 S. College Ave. in Bryan failed to pay them. Michael Salgado and his group also played on Friday night along with El Grupo Estilo who played first at the dance event at El Bajio, but it seems El Grupo Estilo was stiffed by Foley.
Salgado identified Foley as the promoter who failed to pay El Grupo Estilo. Salgado posted on Facebook, "The gentleman name is Evern Foley. 
He hired me to perform he is not my promotor and does not represent me THOSE ARE THE FACTS I am sorry the other band did not get paid my advice to you is to collect before  you go on in the future."
Christina Martinez on Facebook posted,  "As the manager of Grupo Estilo, I do understand. But I can't speak for others. I can only hope that This Promoter named EVERN FOLLIE  gets out, so that he can hopefully be stopped or not be given the opportunity to work with other great bands so that this won't happen again. I do not hold this against MICHAEL SALGADO nor his band."
Grupo Estilo says, it was a bad experience for them and it was the first time it has ever happened to them, but in the future that they will request for dance promoters to pay first before performing at a gig.
Foley could not be reached for comment.

No comments: