Sunday, April 12, 2015

Nyia Parler Arrested For Abandoning Quadriplegic Son In Woods For Five Days

41-year-old West Philly mother has been charged after abandoning her 21-year-old quadriplegic son in the woods with just a blanket and a bible for five days to endure the outdoor weather elements while she visited her boyfriend in Maryland.

By H. Nelson Goodson
Hispanic News Network U.S.A.

April 12, 2015

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania - On Saturday night, Nyia Parler, 41, was taken into custody after her 21-year-old quadriplegic son who suffers from cerebral palsy was found abandoned in the woods on Friday night at the Cobbs Creek Park. A man walking through the woods on Friday stumble into the body of the 21-year-old man who was on the wooded ground, but still alive and was covered with a blanket. Police were called to the scene and the 21-year-old quadriplegic man was taken to the Children's Hospital for treatment. Authorities found a Bible next to the victim.
Police say, his mother left the quadriplegic man in the woods on Monday to die, then covered him with a blanket and left a Bible next to him while she left to Maryland to visit her boyfriend in Montgomery County.
The school where the man went too became concerned when he didn't show up for several days. Relatives and police were able to contact Parler at her boyfriend's residence and she did admit that her son was with her. When the son was found on Friday in the woods, police issued a warrant for Parler's arrest. She lied to police and her relatives that her son was with her and she has been charged with multiple charges including kidnapping and abandonment.
Parler was admitted to a local hospital shortly after her arrest on Saturday. Police did not say why she was admitted for medical treatment.
Several relatives had tried to take guardianship of the victim, but Parler wouldn't allow it. Parler has a 16-year-old son too.
Police say, that Parler's boyfriend didn't know she had abandoned her son in woods to endure cold and rainy weather conditions as he layed on the ground for days. The victim suffers from a lack of communication skills and couldn't call out for help. The victim suffered from a cut, eye infection, dehydration and malnutrition, according to police. He was lucky that a man stumble into the area where he was abandoned. Police found his wheel chair near by in the woods and took it as evidence in the abandonment case.

No comments: