Sunday, August 5, 2012

Seven People Reported Killed At An Oak Creek Sikh Temple

At least three people, including an officer shot and seven reported killed including the shooter at a Sikh temple.

By H. Nelson Goodson
August 5, 2012

Oak Creek, WI - Dozens of law enforcement agencies and the FBI responded to a multiple deadly shooting incident at the Sikh Temple, 7512 S. Howell Ave. A White male suspect went to the temple after 10:15 a.m. and opened fire killing six victims, including two in the parking lot. 
The president of the temple encountered and tackled the suspect inside the temple and then he was shot. Two children playing outside saw the suspect shoot someone outside and they ran inside the temple to warn others. 
Two people arriving at the temple in a taxi were immediately shot by the suspected gunman. The suspect afterwards went inside and killed four other people in the temple.
Three victims were confirmed injured, including an officer. At least 100 people were attending a Sunday sermon by a guest from India. The guest (considered a saint) was reported killed and three priests were shot at the scene. Another priest managed to escape from the scene.
Several Oak Creek officers responding to the scene after 10: 20 a.m. were confronted by a gunman who shot at one officer trying to help a victim. The officer was shot multiple times in an ambush. A second officer at the scene returned fire and killed the gunman in the parking lot. The injured officer is expected to survive, according to Chief Brad Wentlandt, from the Greenfield Police Department.
An education class for children was in session and numerous people had gathered inside the temple when the suspect took control of the temple.
Three injured people, including the president of the temple and an officer were taken to Froedtert hospital for treatment. The victims were reported in critical condition.
S.W.A.T. members went inside the temple and secure the temple. Oak Creek Police Chief John Edwards confirmed that it was a domestic terrorist act by a lone suspect.

From my Android phone on T-Mobile. The first nationwide 4G network.

No comments: