Friday, October 7, 2016

Hit-and-run Driver Arrested After Crashing Into Flag Poles, Tent And Teepee At Sacred Stone Camp

Bureau of Indian Afairs officer, Sioux County authorities and Morton County Sheriff depuites arrested an alleged hit-and-run driver who sped and then crashed inside the Sacred Stone Camp.

By H. Nelson Goodson
Hispanic News Network U.S.A.

October 7, 2016

Fort Yates, N. Dakota - On Friday, the Sacred Stone (Oceti Sakowin) Camp reported that a male suspect driving a vehicle was taken into custody just before 1:00 a.m. by camp security after he crashed into some flag poles, a tent and a teepee. Apparently, the suspect who was identified as Bryce Ironhawk, 24, was speeding up to 113 mph, while being pursued by law enforcement officers from the Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA), Sioux County and Morton County deputies for an alleged hit-and-run in near Mandan. One person was reported injured at the camp and was taken to a local hospital for treatment of none-life threatening injury.
The suspect's vehicle was towed after sustaining damage from the crash and several smashed windshields from security taking the suspect out of the vehicle. The reluctant suspect had locked his car doors and had refused to exit the vehicle. The driver is suspected of operating a stolen vehicle under the influence. The vehicle was reported stolen from Eide Ford in Mandan, according to the Morton County Sheriff's Office.
Ironhawk is facing charges for reckless driving, auto theft and driving under the influence.
In an unrelated incident, a suspected gas explosion was reported on Thursday at a 2-unit duplex building at the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation in S. Dakota. A gas leak was reported by the tenants before the explosion occurred. 
Three victims have died and one victim was reported injured, according to the Oglala Sioux Tribe.

Update: Bryce Ironhawk has pleaded guilty on Friday, for reckless driving, speeding, OUI and had a blood alcohol content of .17, twice the legal limit of alcohol, according to the Morton County Sheriff's Office.

No comments: