Thursday, August 26, 2010

Zetas Implicated In 72 homicides Of Illegal Latin American Immigrants In Tamaulipas Mexico

Luis Freddy Lara Pomavilla, 18, from Ecuador is the one of two survivors

Photo: Narco Trafico en Mexico

Bodies of 72 illegal Latin Americans from Ecuador, Salvador, Honduras and Brazil found inside Zeta ranch warehouse

Photo: Narco News

Mexican Marines discovered what might be the largest massacre yet in the Mexican drug cartel war, they found 72 unburied bodies at a Zeta ranch property.

By H. Nelson Goodson
August 26, 2010

San Fernando, Tamaulipas, Mexico - On Wednesday, the state Attorney General's Office (PGR) at the Secretary of Government (Segob) facility announced during a press conference that on Monday, Mexican federal Marines at a local check point near San Fernando were alerted by an injured victim of a possible mass murdering and body dumping ground. The injured man identified as Luis Freddy Lara Pomavilla, 18, from Ecuador had escaped from a nearby Zeta Cartel occupied ranch and made his way at about 7:00 a.m. to a military outpost.
The Marines called for backup and several military helicopters were dispatched to the area. One helicopter crew was able to locate the Zeta ranch, when they were shot at. When Marines got closer to the area, they were fired upon as well by Zeta members guarding the ranch. Three alleged Zeta members were reported killed and one Marine.
One Zeta teenager from Veracruz was captured and several others escaped in vehicles. The teenager was taken to the Public Ministry Office for interrogation and will be turned over to the PGR for further questioning.
On Tuesday about 5:00 p.m., Marines discovered 58 male bodies and 14 female bodies dumped inside a ranch warehouse. The Marines went back to the area to confirm what the victim had told authorities, that more than 70 bodies were at the ranch, said José Luis Vergara from the Secretary of Marines.
The federal and state Attorney's General Offices are jointly investigating the gruesome find, according to Ricardo Najéra Herrera, spokesperson for the federal PGR.
The preliminary investigation, Alejandro Poiré Romero, spokesperson of National Security said, the Ecuadorian victim who alerted Marines of the mass murder told them the victims were illegal Latin American immigrants from Honduras, Ecuador, Salvador and Brazil that were travelling to the U.S. when the Zetas kidnapped them or were part of a human trafficking smuggling operation gone bad.
Pomavilla is one of two live witnesses who remained in federal protection, he told mexican authorities that another man from Honduras had also survived. Federal police confirmed the second survivor had been taken into protective custody and the man from Honduras has been providing information in relation to the massacre.
Pomavilla said, he was offered $1,000 U.S. dollars every two weeks, if he became a paid Zeta assassin. The other victims were offered the same and when the victims rejected the offer, the Zetas began to fatally shoot them.
Other reports state, the victims might have refused to pay for their release or wouldn't become drug smugglers and transport drugs into the U.S.
Authorities recovered weapons and vehicles cloned as federal Secretary of National Defense (Sedena) vehicles with fake government license plates.
On Thursday, diplomats from El Salvador, Honduras, Ecuador and Brazil began to arrive in Tamaulipas to begin the process of identifying the victims. So far, four of the victims were identified as Bazilian Citizens, according to Marcio Lage, Brazil Consul General in Mexico.  16 bodies of the victims have been identified as Honduras Citizens, according to authorities.
The Mexican government has launched a massive military operation to locate the alleged Zetas responsible for the massacre in the San Fernando and nearby municipalities in Tamaulipas, according to Sedena.
The Mexican government earlier in the year launched emergency cellular number 088 nationally, anyone can report highway emergencies, suspected drug cartel road blocks, kidnappings, suspected contraband and transportation of drugs and other crimes. The emergency number could be used free of charge and works with local Mexican networks and U.S.A. cell phones connected to the network in Mexico as another way to fight crime and provide emergency services where needed.

Spanish news report of gruesome discovery:

Connected by MOTOBLUR™ on T-Mobile

No comments: