Thursday, August 5, 2010

Tallest Sunflower Blooming Near Chavez Drive In Milwaukee's South Side

August 5, 2010

Milwaukee, WI (HNNUSA) - On Thursday, H. Nelson Goodson spotted the tallest Sunflower blooming just West of the Chase Bank and S. Sixteenth Street WIC parking lot at the 1200 block of S. Cesar E. Chavez Drive. Goodson posed for a photo for friends to check it out. They wouldn't believe me, if I just told them.
Now with the photo, they won't question me at all, period. They can drive by and check it out themselves.  "It's unbelievable, pass through Chavez Dr. this Summer many times and I just noticed it...beautiful to see it growing while the S. Cesar E. Chavez Dr. Business District # 38 $1.6 million Streetscape Improvement Project is almost completed. I guess all the construction work and dust flying around didn't bother the Sunflower, gotta enjoy living in Milwaukee, " Goodson said.

Connected by MOTOBLUR™ on T-Mobile

1 comment:

m said...

my sunflowers are bigger - but they're in rural, northwestern dane county! i'm 5'8 for scale. http://www.flickr.com/photos/megankhines/4881493903/in/photostream/