Wednesday, December 11, 2013

D.C. Officer Commits Suicide After Being Charged For Taking Partially Nude Photos Of Minor

Marc Washington

Officer Washington went to the Potomac River and jumped in, a day after being released from custody for allegedly taking partially nude photos of a 15-year-old girl.

By H. Nelson Goodson
December 11, 2013

Washington, D.C. - On Tuesday, Marc Washington, 32, of Waldrof, Md, a D.C. police officer was declared dead after he was found floating in the Potomac River. An unidentified man around 8:15 p.m. called police about a man in the river. When police arrived at the scene they found Washington's vehicle and clothing nearby. 
A diving rescue firefighter team recovered Washington's body before 9:30 p.m. and he was pronounced dead at a nearby hospital.
Washington has been released from custody on Monday after he was charged with producing child pornography,  according to court records.
Washington was arrested after a mother of a 15-year-old girl called police that on December 1, he went to their home to talk to the girl after she returned home, she had been reported missing. He then went to the girl's bedroom and ordered her to take her shirt off to see, if she had any injuries. The teenager told him that she didn't have any injuries,  but he insisted, so the girl undressed. Washington apparently took partially nude photos of the teenager and then left the home.
The teenager told her mother about what happened and she called police.
Washington had been under investigation for child pornography.
Police are investigating whether another officer alerted Washington about the complaint, because he attempted two delete the photos and images he had in his camera. Police found a total of 23 photos, including other women and photos of several female minors in Washington's camera. 
He was arrested several hours after leaving the teenager's home, investigators managed to recover most of the images that Washington tried to delete and was charged with producing child pornography. 

No comments: